Response is a windows based client-server platform. These various versions of Windows have their own minimum/suggested hardware requirements and those are listed below. Remember these are Microsoft’s recommendations for the operating system only and they are rarely, if ever, adequate for real business use:
Windows 7/8/10 32- or 64-bit
Workstations 2.0Ghz or higher, 2GB+ Memory
Windows Server Operating Systems, 32- or 64-bit
Recommended Server Configuration:
- Peer-to-peer configurations are viable (although not recommended except for two or three user systems) and we strongly recommend that your server be dedicated (i.e. not used as an application workstation at all).
- MS SQL Server 2008/ 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 is currently the database we recommend. Smaller systems might be able to use SQL Express Edition which is a limited (and FREE) version of all SQL Server versions. We recommend this in order to make use of the SQL native client.
- MS SQL Server Express Edition has limitations on memory consumption and processor usage. More than 8 users will require the need for more memory by SQL Server engine, and may require you to upgrade to SQL Standard edition.
- SQL Server editions (non-Express Editions) are very scalable using hardware/memory/processors etc.
- You should have a networked computer system in place.
- Your networking professionals can provide you with more timely and personalized recommendations for your company. Please provide them with the information above and have them contact us directly with any questions or concerns they may have.